February 24, 2009

First post

Let's get the awkward introduction over with!

I'm Blue. I'm 24. I live in Ohio and make my living as an artist. I'm a bibliophile, DIY queen, and pet lover. I'm terrified of spiders, crowds, and semicolons. I'm also morbidly (ugh) obese, hypothyroid, and have severe anxiety.

I read many weight loss blogs and thought I'd join in, too. I can certainly use all the support I can get, and if ever I could inspire another as others have inspired me, even better.

I discovered 3 years ago that I was hypothyroid (Probably always have been, but thanks to anxiety I had avoided seeing a doctor since a very young age) I dropped a CRAPTON of weight after beginning treatment that year. Then my anxiety flared, along with mild agoraphobia and depression, and I quit going. My prescription ran out. I gained weight. I gave up.

I finally got my head in the right place and just over a year ago I returned to the doctor and my meds and taking care of myself. Thank God. I'm feeling so much better physically and mentally.

As of today I weigh 335.6 lbs.

It mortifies me to admit it, but this is not my highest weight.

Someday I'll reveal my before picture and the weight that went along with it, but for now, while being proud of what I've accomplished, I remain deeply embarrassed of my heaviest. Shame is a cruel bitch with a tight grip.

I've been on the most frustrating plateau for several months now. Up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs. Rinse, repeat. I know I'll have to kick my own ass to get to where I want and that's what I'll do. I'll never, ever, let my health fall by the wayside again. I deserve more, and I know that now. I get it. I'm in this forever.

So, that's me. Hi blog world! I'll do my best to update regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment