February 25, 2009

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Ouch.

I was promised an ass kicking and was delivered one, as my ass can now attest after 3 grueling attempts at this DVD.

I had to make some modifications, though.

Jumping Jacks, Butt Kicks, and Jump Rope: She says she has 400lb people doing them, but either they have no pannus or mine is gigantic, because the pain I get from my belly flopping up and down (not to mention the sound...) just makes it intolerable. So for the jumping jacks and jump rope I do the full arm movement while bouncing on my tiptoes and for the butt kicks, I do them properly, just at half the pace she does it.

I get very dizzy having to get up off the floor and back down so often (blood rush?) so I have to spend a few seconds waiting for it to pass while I sip some water.

Overall, I spend 22 minutes panting, grunting and wishing it would end. I yell at Jillian. I whimper "I can't do it", But then I do. By the end of it my heart is pounding, my face is red, and I feel DAMN GOOD! I have no doubt it'll pay off even with my modifications. In fact, it already has according to my daily weigh-in. But I'll wait til the 1rst to go public with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment