February 27, 2009

Little by little

So today is the fifth day of Operation Die, Plateau, Die!

It was a simple enough plan:

  • Reduce caloric intake to 1500 (was 1800)
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes a day
  • No eating after dinner

I've stuck to my daily goals so far and I'm feeling really good.

Food. I've made very little change to what I normally eat, but like they say, it all adds up. 1 slice of cheese instead of 2 on my pita, .5oz mayo instead of 1oz. That alone is a difference of 150 calories, and taste-wise I wouldn't know one pita from the other, honestly.

Exercise. I'm liking the Shred DVD so far. I whine through the first half of it, but I stick with it and it's over before I know it. I'm really looking forward to being able to mix it up with the Wii Fit as soon as I'm under 330.

No food after 6pm. Night time, and the cravings it brings, is always the hardest for me. That used to be when I would get the majority of my calories. It's not wonder I was so obese; starving during the day and gorging at night is exactly what Sumo wrestlers do to maintain their weights. And if I follow only one piece of dieting advice, it would be: Don't eat like a Sumo.

No comments:

Post a Comment